I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Back to Work!

A lot has been going on, just not much to do with the boat.  My brother and his family moved here from Texas, so I flew down to help him drive up, lots of fun and a cool experience. The other piece of news is that I am now officially back in the workforce. I took an aerospace job, so the boat will become a weekend project from here on out.

Speaking of the boat. I did do some good stuff today. I heeded Bernd's advice and used a router to round all the deck edges. Having this bearing bit helped since the roller at the end of the bit prevents gouges. I first got this bit to make mouldings for a house remodel it has been an incredibly useful thing ever since.


Here is a shot of sine of the edges after seeing the business end of the router.


I have talked about how cool it is that fiberglas moves in its weave before, but got a picture of it doing so where the deck hatch opening makes and outside corner on the deck. You can see the weave tighten near the corner.


I blocked up the hatch opening to get the fabric to settle itself to the shape I want. When I apply the epoxy I will try to sneak up on this area in the hope of keeping the glass from moving.


Last picture is how I left the boat to sit until tomorrow.


The Seahawks are playing an early game tomorrow. So after the game I'm heading out the boat shed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment