I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Falling Off The Wagon

This week I was keeping up mild pressure on the boat, but completely fell off the blog-wagon.  So this post will make up for some lost time.

Finally finished the decking.


And trimming the deck hatch opening.


I made the standoff for the bow light and the stern light. The one for the bow light is a wedge so the light can be mounted at the bow but still point forward. This was a PITA.


Also on the inside a made a cavity to hold the wires. This way I can maintain access to the electrical connection.

After some final sanding and glue application I laid on the topside fiberglass.


I'm a little apprehensive about this step. The last fiberglass application was no easy feat and the bottom did not have all of these features to work around.  The beam reliefs are particularly concerning.  I won't be able to actually do the fiberglassing until this weekend so I have some time to mull my options.  To the extent I get boat time this week it will be cleaning the garage (again) to make room for a return to rudder work.

1 comment:

  1. Please round the corners of the deck to side planking with a radius of at least 8mm. Easy done with a router. Otherwise you do not get the glass fiber on without air inclusions. Same for the beam pockets. There is no other way to get it properly done!

    ReplyDelete