I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Doh!

I started out just getting in some epoxy coating this morning and thought that would be the days progress. That was until we got home from a very fun afternoon sailing beach catamarans with friends on Lake Washington.  With the fire burning bright I went out to glue on a panel that now had the requisite 2 coats of epoxy. First a shot of how I left it.


Note that all the large decking pieces are installed, small pieces, trimming, coating left to go. And now a picture of the crime scene.


I used two clamps and 4 screws to hold this piece of decking in place. The tip of the driver bit, my favorite bit, broke in the screw head. I left it in place for now and will fool with drilling this out and removing the screw tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment