I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Friday, August 19, 2016

Getting Close

Quite a bit done today. Trimming on 2 large and 3 small decking pieces done, stern beam T-nuts installed, round of epoxy coating completed, and the last piece of decking was installed. Here are a couple of pics of the nearly completed decking job.

                                  

At my last attempt at T-nuts I had a problem of exactly lining up the center of the epoxy filled hole with the center of the hole made to accommodate the T-nut. This time I used a nail as a center punch to keep the drill bit form walking. Very happy with results.


Not sure I will get out to boat shed tomorrow. If I do I will trim, and coat remaining parts of decking, build hatch riser pieces, and make some navigation light standoffs. Then it will be time to start considering topside fiberglass.

No comments:

Post a Comment