I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Friday, August 5, 2016

2nd Deck Section Installed

I had this backed into a corner so much that when I finally did it, it wasn't much work.  First an embarrassing build notation has to be made (since this blog is actually my build documentation).  The offset for the aft side of the forward beam bracket bolts needs to be 1 - 3/4".  I need to write this down since it will be harder to verify now that the deck piece is installed.


The reason this is embarrassing is that on the forward side of the beam the offset is 1 - 1/2".  Technically none of this is a problem except when it comes time to build beam brackets I will need to match small size differences to various locations.  Some of this is my fault due to the way brought the beam cradles into square. But I think at least 2 sizes are implied in the design, since you are necessarily working off two different sides of the bulkhead. On one side you have bulkhead superstructure to work with, on the other you don't.

Here is the picture of the installed piece of decking. Went on easy, two clamps and three screws.


From here there will be lots of fiddly little jobs. The following is a quick look ahead.
     Trim 2nd deck piece at hatch, mast partner and gunwales.
     Install beam holder T-Nuts
     Install interior ladder
     Finish electrical installation

After that it will be considering the next deck section and finishing out the hatch opening.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment