I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Friday, August 19, 2016

Centering Myself

The good news is that my decking task seems to be accelerating.  The bad news is that all that new decking covered my centerline marks. I re-shot the centerline so I could insure that the bolt hole locations for the stern aluminum beam were drilled orthogonal to the centerline.


I am still slow at this but improving, now it only takes me and hour instead of a day.  All the decking panels are on now except for the very aft one. which I can't put on until I have the stern beam T-nuts installed (need the access).


Build note. Bernd's plans call for placing the inboard stern beam bolt aggressively near the shear. With me insisting on using T-nuts I had to move one of the dimensions outboard just a bit. So I don't forget what I did I'm recording it here.


This all happened yesterday, and I hope to spent a good bit of time in the boat shed today. I need to start trimming the hatch opening and making appendage pieces for lights and the AV Panel.

I didn't write this up last night because I was busy watching the Seahawks lose.  It's only preseason but its nice to have football back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment