I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A Good Day In The Boat Shed

I continued progress on the electrical panel. It is missing one more ground wire (from the battery). Then it will be done. I also cut some stainless standoffs and a plexiglass window as a cover. But I am waiting until I'm done making dust in the vicinity before I install it.


Also got the third and last big piece of decking installed aft of the second beam holder.


A couple of journal notes:
For the aft side of the aft beam holder the beam holder bracket bolts need to be installed at 1-3/4"


For the forward side of the aft beam holder the beam holder bracket bolts need to be installed at 2-1/2"

Looking ahead, there is lots of epoxy/carpentry to be done. Several small decking pieces, the aforementioned beam bracket bolt T-nuts (stern beam too), and the hatch opening trim and cover. The hatch work is going to be a lot of steps to finish.  If have any discipline at all I will start making nav. light trim pieces at the same time.

Lastly, I noticed I never put up a pic of how the second pieces of decking looks now that it is fully trimmed and coated.


No comments:

Post a Comment