I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Rudder Planning

Despite recent success with R4, I am not that happy with its shape.  At least I wasn't until I compared it to the shape of the successful test rudder (TR2).  The test rudder is too blunt at its leading edge, I think R4 is too fine.  But the variation between my 3 successful rudder bends in a weird way makes me feel better about keeping R4.  The thought being that maybe I could build 10 more rudders and still not get a shape that I like. So I'm going to keep R1 and R4 as my go-forward rudders for now. Its time to move on.  I like the comment I got from Ed T. on a previous post, that if I feel strongly about it after I'm sailing, I will rebuild them then.

No comments:

Post a Comment