I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Getting Side Tracked, In A Good Way

I made it to about 75% complete in cleaning the garage. But in the process remembered that I need to wire up my test power supply for the boat. And figure out which bow light is green and red.  I bought the power converter from Amazon for $9. It came with a cigarette lighter connection but puts out 12 volts and up to 10 amps. So I cut off the cigarette lighter thing and soldered on some alligator clips. You can't tell which light is which since they come as a set, the LEDs themselves give off the color so you can't tell by looking at them unpowered, and they were not labeled.




Simple work but different than what I have been doing so a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment