I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Gotta Have Sole

This is actually yesterday's post. I just wrapped up late and then got busy with non-boat stuff. Building in the sole is going to kill me. It is just taking so long to deal with this and it is likely the least interesting part of the entire project. I added stiffeners and I bolted through one stiffener per plank. It holds up but I can tell that I really need to bolt through both stiffeners. On the upside it seems I won't need any additional hold downs, and the fastener heads actually look kinda cool on the sole.

I finally installed the anti-vortex panel backing plate.


And installed the verticals for the ladder.

For today I will continue with buttoning things up in preparation for installing the next deck section. Specifically mast step installation, cutting out the center stringer and applying epoxy coat at the mast partner, continuing electrical installation, and adding some rungs to the ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment