I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Playing Injured

The good news is that we won our adult league kickball game on Sunday. The bad news is that I jacked up my foot in the process.  Yesterday I was completely out of commision, but today I can limp around and get some stuff done. I got the second coat of epoxy on the bow deck and coated the sole structure parts. Also the hull is too deep to just step into, so I started fitting a small ladder to the inboard side of the hatch opening. Also added some 4mm shims the the hatch framing. I needed these because these parts are not bent the way the shear is so there would be a gap (between the structure and the deck). I will go back after the glue cures and fair these to the shears. Lastly I started adding the last bits of structure to the mast partner area before I cut away the center stringer.  I'm likely overbuilding this but given that I want to make a removable mast partner piece to interface the mast I think a particularly stout partner is appropriate.  Took some creative clamping to get this all set.


Tomorrow I will continue work on the ladder, try out the beefed up sole, continue working on the mast partner, and start strategizing on how to install the other side of the beam bracket T-nuts.

For the rest of today I have to clean my shop. My habit of not cleaning as I work has gone too far....again.

No comments:

Post a Comment