I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Don't Do This

Got back out to the boat shed today. All I got done was installing the forward trampoline t-nuts.


This took much longer than it should have because of this.


Really hard to get a drill in there to put in the counterbore for the T-nut. I eventually cut the counterbores by robbing a drill chuck off the mill and turning the drill bit by hand. Next time I will install the T-nuts before putting in any of the deck superstructure parts.  Also today I got two 1/4" drifts (cold rolled 316 stainless) to make the mast pins. So tomorrow I can do some mast step work, and start making the "sole" for the forward fender lazarette.  I have been putting the lazarette floor off because it seems like it is going to be tedious, but now it just really needs to get done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment