I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Updated Schematic

It hit 90 degrees today. Which for Seattle is saying a lot, bear in mind that most houses here (us included) do not have air conditioning, so you actually live in the heat. It is going to cool down as the week goes on and soon we will be back to comfortable 65 degree temperatures.  The heat came on suddenly and so most people including us were out trying to enjoy the warm and dry. Pablo and I got in a quick sail on green lake (small lake within city limits 3 miles around). We were in a little sun-fish sailboat, fun sail but very uncomfortable for a grown adult. Pablo had a great time. Needless to say not much happened on the ama and the only reason I'm writing this post at all is for this.



I updated the schematic and changed it a bit to allow for a more conventional approach to the wiring of parallel batteries. If I discover later that this conservatism is unneeded it will be easy to undo. The update does mean that I'm now using all the pins in the connector. Also I updated the schematic with estimated wire run lengths and amperage loads (meters/amps). Looks like for most of the wiring I will be using 12 gauge wire except for the ground and power bus wires which will be 8 gauge. I used the 3% loss side of the wire sizing table and conservative length and amperage estimates.

No comments:

Post a Comment