I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Friday, June 10, 2016

Mast Cleat

I probably should have drilled out the trampoline pad-eye holes, or built up the forward flotation sole but instead I spent almost all my time today working on the mast step. Specifically I machined the aluminum cleat that will mount, via a 5/16" bolt to a the plywood plug that will hold the mast.  I used my mini-milling machine to locate the holes, drill the clevis pin hole and the tap drill. I just couldn't resist putting a chamfer on the bottom corners. While they are not explicitly required, it makes sense to have them and it was fun to do on the mill.


Not sure how much boat time I will get this weekend. Today is my daughters birthday so we are busy throwing a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment