I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Mast Steppin

The ongoing saga. I laid out an extension cord the way I expect the halyard and reefing lines to lay and I did over-shrink the main hull opening. So I cut out the cross-member that shrunk it and re-installed a new one in a position that should look better.


Also continued work on the mast step. I had some aluminum stock left over from an obsession a few obsessions ago. I'm going to use the 1"x1" square stock as the cleat to engage the pinned connection to the step and the plate stock as backers on the outboard sides of the step.


Also in the picture you can see the sole pieces, this time with a coat of epoxy.  If all goes well tomorrow I will start making the "sole" for BH2-BH3 section above the floatation compartment. The idea here is that with the forward deck hatch there will be a place to store fenders, and an anchor. The general approach is to try to focus on all those things that need to be done to install the deck on the bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment