I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Wedges Built, Just Waiting for Supplies

I got the wedges built. I just about killed my poor little table saw. I was kind of hoping that it would finally die, but no, it's still going.  The geometry is a bit different than I envisioned because of the distance from the jig to the rudder in its final position. Nothing a 1x2 couldn't fix.  Here is an edge view.

I received the carbon fiber to reinforce the AYC spar yesterday and should get the microballoons and silica tomorrow. Most likely will come late in the day so I won't be working on rudders until Thursday (have to get it done early because the Seahawks play Thursday night, Go Hawks).  It's my fault that I'm waiting, I let other things get in the way when I knew I should have already ordered the needed materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment