I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

3 Butt Straps In 1 Day

I may have gotten carried away talking about paint, that said I'm still going to try to push as hard as I can to make the kid-free days productive. Today I cut reliefs and installed the last 3 butt straps. Nothing eventful to report.

Also I started carving on the bow timber to give it some shape. I hate taking tools out and putting them away, so I will do this on a one tool per day basis. Today was the Fein Tools' turn.


Tomorrow will be the belt sander, and then I hope to wrap it up with the palm sander. Its warm today but the nights are still on the cool side. So I left the heater on in the boat shed, so hopefully everything is cured tomorrow and I will be able to get a couple of planks installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment