I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Monday, April 25, 2016

Let The Shear Fairing Begin

Now that the hull is right side up I can get back to work. I trimmed and sanded the planks at the shear and filled gaps with thickened epoxy.  A good days work even though I got a late start because I was cleaning up after the hull-turning party. I can tell I'm getting better with the Fein tool.  I'm cutting the plank closer with the Fein which leaves much less belt sander time.  Here is pic (taken before I filled the gaps).


I need to put in some planning time tonight because I'm not entirely sure what to do next.  The basic choices are doublers where needed, wiring, anti-vortex panel work or cockpit rails. Also need to scarf and install the deck stringer.  Never a shortage of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment