I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Waiting For My Hull Turning Party

I did not get out to the boat shed yesterday, today I put did the second iteration of putting the edges back on the chines. Wasn't much work.  Last night I remembered that I need to make a comprehensive list of everything I want to put in the hull before I get the the deck installed.  Mostly I'm thinking of wiring but also any through hull anchoring that needs to be installed with backing plates (rudder gudgeons, cleats, forward trampoline eyes, mainsheet/halyard cleats, more?).  Anyway I will write a dedicated post about all that when I have my thoughts more organized.  For now here is a picture showing the bad side of the bow. The lighter area forward is where the fiberglass is thicker where I lapped-closed the end.


I may sand this a little eventually but don't really plan on doing much to "fix" this.

No comments:

Post a Comment