I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Filled Epoxy Top-Coat Done

Doing the top coat was not nearly so difficult as the initial wet out. It was still a bit epoxy intense. A little more thirsty than putting a first coat of epoxy on plywood.  The main thing is that you can squeegee in an any direction you like, which is a feature I now appreciate.


This was actually done yesterday. I got ambushed by the kids in the afternoon and did not get back to write this post. Today I will start putting the edge back on the chines with epoxy putty and fairing some problem areas at the bow and transom (basically where there are seams in the fiberglass).

No comments:

Post a Comment