I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Bulkhead 1 Done!


I wasn't going to start cutting out the bulkheads until I was done putting the superstructure pieces on all of them but I couldn't help myself. All the cutouts for BH1 are done. There are still a few areas to epoxy coat but I will work that in as I go.


I made this little stand so I could epoxy coat edges without accidentally gluing the bulkhead to its support.


This is the view of the bottom edge of the bulkhead. Turns out the dimensions on the offset table include the keel, (confirmed with Bernd) so I cut 15mm off the bottom. I had accounted for this when I placed the bottom piece of the superstructure and the results are pretty.


Of course there is still tons to do, but for now I can hardly wait to get the bulkheads set up so it starts to look like a real ama instead of a pile of sheet parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment