I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Friday, September 25, 2015

Using Draftsight for Templates (Scaling)

So Bernd's instructions for rudder construction call for you to print out the drawing at 1:1 scale and use that to find some dimensions.  Having had no end of problems with this sort of thing in the past I was all set to send this to a print shop and deal with the hassle of having to go out to pick up the paper. For giggles I tried to print it out at home. Sure enough I measured the rudder as printed at 17cm when it should have been 22. But as I was poking around the print interface in Draftsight I noticed the print scale is in the form of a ratio. So I plugged in 22:17 as the ratio and it came out perfect.  Not a huge deal but it saved me some hassle.


No comments:

Post a Comment