I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sailing is Fun, But is Heeling Fun?

My theory on why some people love their monohulls is that speed is fun, and if you have grown up on monohulls speed is associated with heeling.  The only catamaran sailing I've done has been on beach cats.  A few times I've had nice windy days where I got to drop off the kids and get some actual speed (between them all their weight adds up), I didn't miss heeling one bit.  Since I'm on the subject of heeling, here is a picture of me and the kids heeling over a J-70 on a breezy afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment