I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Putting the Superstructure on the Bulkheads

This will likely be my last post for awhile since I will be turning the crank on getting all the superstructure pieces installed on the bulkheads for awhile.  I'm doing things out of order again as it seems like it will be easier to put the superstructure pieces on first and then cut out the reliefs for stringers, chine, and keel. Not to mention where the middle of the bulkhead needs to be cut out.  Note the lack of clamps due to the use of polymer brads.  The tool did act a bit weird where some brads did not sink all the way. I think where I left an extra thick layer of epoxy on the bulkhead the tool struggled. It still penetrated enough for my purposes, Just not as uniform as I had hoped.


No comments:

Post a Comment