I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Drilling alignment holes

So after some discussion on the K-Designs Yahoo Group. I laid out locations for two alignment holes in each bulkhead. These will help to insure that I build a straight ama.  I used the offset table to insure that the locations I chose would actually be on each bulkhead and kept both on the centerline for simplicity. I drilled tiny holes in each bulkhead at locations measured from the keel of each. I calculated these individually for each bulkhead since the CWL (datum for the holes) is not a physical feature.

On the transom (bulkhead 7) I just marked where the holes would go with a marker. These will be my laser targets when I set these up.  I used a trick I learned when laying tile. When you strike chalk lines on the floor you spray them with hairspray to keep them from smudging as you proceed to walk all over your carefully laid out lines. I did the same thing to my target on bulkhead 7 and the hairspray seems to have locked in my target marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment