I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Note on Context

I named by blogsite boats and life because I knew my life would get in the way of my boat, if you know what I mean. The concept I think about often is the idea of context, and fit.  Anything that exists has to exist in a context.  A set of conditions that allow for its existence.  This is universal and inescapable.  I try to remember this when family events and needs impinge on time that I would have rather spent in the boat shed. Maybe this is just a long winded way for me to say that I have to make building a boat fit in my already full life. I can't allow for this to ever come to a choice between my family (and their many needs) and my boat, because the boat will lose.  With that said we just saw off company visiting from overseas yesterday and we are expecting a family friend tonight.  But I will get a little something done on test rudder #2 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment