I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Friday, November 20, 2015

Its Cold, Very Cold

It got to almost freezing last night and I don't think the epoxy did much but sit there. I have talked to the epoxy supplier and they said if it gets cold it will just slow down the curing process, but that it will still cure.  I built a warm-tent (a little frame to hold a blanket over the rudder but away from the shop heater) to get things moving.  Hopefully I will still start setting up things for the AMA and preparing the garage to host rudder building. But it is cold and not much fun to be outside right now. Luckily I brought my epoxy containers indoors last night, which I had been meaning to to do, but actually accomplished just in time.  Winter finally caught us and I will have to figure out how or whether to keep working in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment