I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Test Rudder 2 Still Behaving

I continued compressing Test Rudder 2 today. The first thing I did was to take everything off and see if the rudder had taken a permanent deformation. Here is that picture.



It looks like it bent about halfway. I didn't think about taking any measurements until later (of course). Here is the after picture where I am going to let this rest for 24 hours.



Besides some fumbling with the clamps there were no real problems, the gap started at 20mm over the spar and I stopped at 10mm over. There was some fumbling with the clamps. I think I may use the wedges at least to hold the rudder compressed while epoxy is applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment