I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Updated Wedge Design

I think I figured out why my rudders were walking out of the jig.  As always a picture is worth a thousand words.

 I think every time I let go of the clamps the rudder would tilt the wedge just a bit. Then when I clamped down again first the wedge would slide against the rudder till flush on jig and then compress the rudder more. Repeat many times on both sides and you have a rudder that walks out of its jig. Luckily the solution is simple. I just moved the 1x2 from the trailing edge to the leading edge of the wedge. This should balance much better.


Kinda hard to see in this picture but the top one is before, the bottom is after.

No comments:

Post a Comment