I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Continuing Work on Rudder #1

I got a chance to get back to work on the good rudder. I noticed that the leading edge looked a lot better where some of the epoxy goop had squirted through.  Of course this did not occur uniformly. So I figured that an extra thick batch of epoxy-microballoons-silica goop was in order. I used "L" brackets (made for my son's birthday party) and some scrap pieces to make fences to hold the rudder up.


Here is a picture showing where the goop did not spill through.


Next it was time for the goop. I made it really thick, about like toothpaste.


I may have gotten a little carried away with the goop. It just sands down so nice that I figured putting some extra down wouldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment