I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Rudder 4 has begun (in the garage)

I cut the rudder faces for R4 yesterday and today got the jig moved into the garage. It was not as easy as it should have been. When I put the jig together I did not give any thought to the idea that I might have to move it before dismantling it.  I just put in fasteners in a hasty way that I could not get to with the rest of the jig in the way. Nothing a bit of determination (and a dremel) couldn't fix.



I just applied the epoxy bead to R4 and put it in a warm tent in the garage.  The little frame over the jig is to hold the tarp over the jig to keep the thing warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment