I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Rudder #3 Under Construction

I applied my lessons learned and so far....so far (I dont want to jinx it).  He are the two rudder faces I cut and bevel cut today.


Might be hard to see here but I actually have two red stripes on one of them because I  measured wrong and didn't catch it until I noticed how differently the lines on each board were located, close call. 

With that done I got them taped together and am embarrassed to report that the taping was easy. All I did was lay them flat on top of each other and tape the edges together. I was making that so much harder than it needed to be. 

With that done it was short work to put them in the jig and pour in the goop. This time being very careful of the fill-to lines.


Besides this work I also milled down another AYC spar for my 3rd rudder attempt. I did have one oversight. I meant to mark the location of the spar on one of the inside faces before this step. Not a huge deal, making the mark will just be a little more fiddly now.



No comments:

Post a Comment