I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Monday, January 11, 2016

Back To Work

I took the weekend to watch NFL playoffs. The Seahawks got lucky against Minnesota, but I will take a lucky win over an unlucky loss any day.

I invested in a laser level and I don't know how I would do this job without it. Even with the laser this is still no easy task. I'll give the good news first, and then discuss my continued learning.  Here is the picture showing Bulkheads 5, 6, and 7 (transom) all lined up and looking pretty.



Now here is a picture of where the laser hits when I add in BH4.


I had figured (from eyesight) that bulkhead 5 was the tallest, so if I started from there I could adjust all the other bulkheads up (away from the rails) to lined them up.  The picture above is where the laser hits on BH5 from BH4. So now I have to go back and move 5, 6, and 7 up to meet the BH 4 line. I'm a bit bummed by this, but it is another example of me just trying to get it done quick without taking the time to think things through.

I will see if I can spend a bit of time with the drawings tonight to make sure that BH4 is the highest in this regard so I don't repeat my mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment