I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Chines Fully Bent

My plan is working! At least so far. It stopped raining for most of the day and I made the most of it.  I built my hold down frames for the chines at the bow and got the chines bent to where they need to be.  Here are the pictures, first one showing the frame with the chines pinned under them and temporary spacers where the stringer will eventually go.


I tried to get a picture here that shows the bend in the chine.


And as much of a wide angle shot as I can get in the boat shed.


Also cut scarfs for the shears but still have to do the gluing.  Next step is to cut the front of chines off at the stem, but I might wait for the Fein tool to arrive.  I have to wait for the tool to finish anyway and having it will help me to do a better job with less chance of screwing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment