I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Scarfing Chines

I cut the 4 joints I need to make the chines. This time I did it using a 10:1 ratio (hitting the middle of Bryan's recommended 8 - 12).  To make the scarf I clamped both pieces of stock together and offset appropriately. Then cut straight across both using the track saw.  As shown below (luckily we got a break from the rain yesterday).


I numbered the joints so that as they get glued up each side will only be married up to its match cut. Here is a picture of the glued up joint.


2 joints glued yesterday, will do 2 today, and tomorrow I will start fiddling with installation.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Esteban
    if this was Facebook I would tick "like"

    BTW there must be other of Bernds boats with similar bottom construction style -suggest you have a troll through the photos on the forum eg Eco cat (both power and sail) to get an idea how your lower section goes together

    regards,
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've been browsing the yahoo group photos, and have been trading e-mails with Bernd. The problem with the pictures is I don't know if they match my situation or not. And no 660 pictures of course. I'm not worried about figuring it out, just nice to know what to expect a few steps ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete