I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Monday, January 25, 2016

Chines Bent!

My responsibilities caught up with me today, but I did sneak out to the boat shed for a bit.  I got the chines bent to where they need to be (mostly).  First a couple of pretty pictures:

                                                                                                                            

Now a picture of where things get a little more complex.  I need to bring all of these together at the stem, or in the case of the stringers cut them and fair them into the chines.



One more thing I did manage was to measure the angle at which the chines will hit the stem (80 degrees). In the picture below I was not pushing down on the stem to hit its mark (I just took this to show how I made the measurement). For the real measurement I did not have a hand free to hold the camera.


Pondering next steps: I think the important features here are the stringers that terminate into the chines. I think those hold the chines down. If I bent the chines now and attached them to the stem they would just drag the stem up off the rails. I was pushing very hard. This of course throws a wrench in my plan. Gives me something to think about tonight I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment