I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Monday, January 18, 2016

Stingers Installed! kind of....

I went out to install stringers today and promptly broke each stringer at its forward scarf.  It is just too long for one person to handle without overly stressing the joints.  I thought about repairing the stringers and then trying again. But I don't see why it would not just happen again.  So I proceeded with the installation but made some allowance for fixing the angle problem that I could run into due to not using a full length stringer (more on that later).  With all that covered here are the pictures.



Clamps wrapped in cellophane and ready to go.



Stingers (forward ends supported on clamps) waiting installation.


Done!



Since I was working with short stringers I clamped the stringers inboard to align them to the next bulkhead.


Stringer installation on aft part of boat.

I have to admit I'm feeling pretty good. Today I'll be thinking about next steps, especially how to set up and attach Bulkhead 0. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment