I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Screwing Things Up In the Pacific Northwest

So I got two of the loose stringers corralled and put butt straps over their shallow scarfs.  The other two have to wait until I have the chines installed because they actually terminate into the chines.

With all that done I thought I had a decent day. Then I noticed that BH1 and BH2 are backwards.  At this point there is not much to do about it except to prepare for more scarfing and filling than should have been needed. I'm really very disappointed in myself.  I think in the end I will still get a hull out of this but I'm starting to accumulate band-aids.

Here a are a couple of pictures.



If you look closely you can see the laser lighting up the alignment holes, at least that went right.

Besides being upset with myself what is occupying my thoughts is that I have no idea how to cut the angled and tapering edge to the keel at the forward end near the bow.  It does not have a stringer or chine at its edge from which to make a match cut.  I will try to put that out of my mind for now so I can continue work on the chines.  Next steps will be to notch them in a transverse direction so they can bend easier and to scarf them to length.  This is going to require a trip to the lumber store and some preparation work, so it may be awhile before I can get back to adding parts to the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment