I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Beam Recess floor Installed

I got out to the boat shed this morning before the big kids woke up. Which isn't saying a whole lot since they are teenagers and won't wake up until noon if left alone. I did go out last night and got the epoxy coating done.  So this morning I cut one more piece, did some sanding, and got the recess floor and a few more pieces installed.


At the right are the shims I made to pull the beam recess into square. I need three wall pieces and to deal with the beam mounting hardware (which is going to be a little weird due to the shims) and then this beam recess will be done.  Which leaves 1 more beam recess, the aft beam mount, mast step and deck relief, two hatches, transom and bow light wiring and two cleats to worry about before installing the deck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment