I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Ongoing Saga....

Not much interesting going on today. Just keeping up the pressure as best I can.  I built the rudder gudgeon jig.

And then used it on the transom. The picture shows the transom after the larger holes were drilled and filled with epoxy putty.

Finished  filleting the second beam recess and started giving it its epoxy coat. and lastly kept up work on the main hatch opening.  Tomorrow I will cut the deck stringer out from the center of what needs to be the hatch opening. I will add a few stiffeners here and there but this will basically be done until there is a deck to work with.  Also I will start framing for the forward hatch (which arrived today), and start giving more serious thought to the mast step and partners. Below is a picture of the forward deck hatch. Not sure why but I'm very happy to have this piece of hardware.


No comments:

Post a Comment