I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

It Was A Hatch Transom Recess Kind Of Day

I went away from the aft beam structure for a bit and made some progress in other areas. I got the transom backer cut and installed.


And trimmed and started filleting the second beam recess.


And finally started putting in the structure to support the main hatch opening.


I spent a good bit of time trying to make sure these are parallel. Hopefully it was time well spent. Tomorrow I should receive the hatch covers for the smaller forward hatch (I'm going to make the cover for the main hatch). I will keep turning the crank on these deck structures, Then will transition to inside the hull work (sole, anti-vortex panel backer, and mast step).

No comments:

Post a Comment