I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Theory Of Conservation Of Laundry

Laundry is never created or destroyed, it only changes forms. And no matter how you may try to escape, the laundry will always be there waiting for you, very similiar to a conscience. This weekend we had a very nice Mother's day and then I neglected to do laundry on Monday. So yesterday I was facing a laundripocalypse. The good news is I survived and lived to get back out to the boat shed this afternoon.

I put the walls on the first beam recess. I've got this just about dead square and straight. Also I used the overage on the inboard side to help set up the depth cut for the second beam recess. See pictures below.


I also laid out the second beam recess and found it is almost exactly the same flavor of out of square as the first one. So I when setting up the bulkheads I must have put BH5 or BH6 out of square and then followed that mistake all the way down the hull.  Here is a picture that shows the problem.


Finally I did get the beam relief cut in the hull and a start at building in the recess framing.  I will try to finish out recess 1, while making progress on recess 2.  For the first one I need to add another cross member to the aft side of the framing to have something for the beam brackets to tie into.  Here is picture of the where I left recess 2.


Tomorrow is a trip to the hardware store for beam studs and t-nuts, stainless, of course.  Then I will start strategizing how to install those as I keep up the pressure on the second beam recess.

No comments:

Post a Comment