I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Getting Ahead Of Myself (As Usual)

I thought I would be putting on the fiberglass under the aft beam structure today, Hah. I don't know why it did not occur to me that this would be a lot easier if the plywood piece was already installed.  So I did that.

I'm hoping (a very tenuous hope anyway) that I can get out there tonight to put a filled epoxy fillet in the inside corner under there. So I will be able to glass tomorrow.  Also turns out that the glassing is only needed on the inboard side.

Besides that I made a couple more steps of progress on the second beam recess. I cut and installed the shims to bring the recess into square, and put on a couple of structure pieces on the aft side that will be needed when its time to install the studs. Tomorrow I need to build in the outboard structure parts (basically another set of shims). And might as well put on the additional stud structure on the forward side.


Lastly I was looking back though the last several posts and noticed that its been a while since I did a full hull picture. It's not that I think this picture is so great, but it does give a good impression of what it's like to work in the boat shed nowadays.


No comments:

Post a Comment