I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Friday, May 20, 2016

Rough Day

The second layer of fiberglass under the aft beam butt strap was way more difficult than the first. It just did not want to stick onto the previous layer. I ended up using painters tape to hold the glass in place. It sort of worked. I went out tonight and managed to get the tape off (not that hard actually) and it revealed some areas where the second layer is loose off the first. Here is the picture from before I took the blue paint off.


I think I will cut the egregious areas near the corner, off with a dremel and try some patching tomorrow.  Also I got the second beam recess walls cut and installed. Here is a picture of that.


Tonight I'm going to come up with the plan I will use to install the rudder gudgeons. Kind of a chicken and egg problem since I don't want to install the gudgeons until the paint is on, but I don't want to need to access the inside of the hull to install, and I don't want the gudgeons to become a leak path. I will document the plan (as much for my own use) in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment