I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Hitachi Sander Update

I have been pleased with this purchase. There has however been a development. When I bought it, I briefly looked for a model that had attachments that allowed for the tool to be turned upside down and used like a bench sander.  Aside from some unidentified pictures on the internet I didn't find any models with this feature. Nor did I find mention of this as an available feature for any tool, regardless of price. So I gave up and bought the hitachi which has been a very competent tool. Since turning the hull over I have needed to sand bits and corners off relatively small pieces of wood. Just the sort of thing for which a bench sander would be perfect. So taking my cue from some random internet tool pictures. I made my own stand. Here are the pictures.



It is very sturdy in this little mount and the trigger and lock switches aren't too hard to get to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment