I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Better Boat Day Today

I learned my lesson from yesterday, at least for awhile. I made a quick plan for what I would do today and then performed the plan with very little variation. I did get a little ambitious with the sander, but this time it was in a good way. I laminated the aft keel piece, finished the last of the heavy material removal parts of scarfing the frame and did some touch-up joint filleting with filled epoxy. I use the term filleting very liberally, mostly I just make sure the bulkhead to stringer/chine/shear joints don't have any gaps.

Next steps will be do finish sanding of the frame, and start fitting the keel.  I'm a little unsure of where I need to cut separate planks at the bow. I'll be going through pictures on the K-designs yahoo group to see if I can find some examples. I think the bows of the 7.5 and 8.6 are similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment