I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Stem Attached!

I'm really getting close to fairing now. I installed the last shim (on bulkhead 2), trimmed the shears and chines at the transom, cut the shears at the stem and installed the stem. Also getting close to done on epoxy coating. Here are the pictures, first of the transom,


and below showing the stem installation.


I still need to put some superstructure framing on the stem and put the second top breasthook on the chines before releasing the hold down frame. I could have put the breasthook on today but would have run a high probability of gluing my blue Irwin clamp to the chine in the process. The other thing I need to start considering is building up a keel blank since I think the keel may be the first step in planking.

No comments:

Post a Comment