I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Friday, February 12, 2016

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Talented Anyday

I spent some good time out in the boat shed today. Got the 2nd shear installed (that's where the luck came in), started putting on the shims on the backwards bulkheads, and continued my epoxy coating task.  Here is the picture of where I got lucky.


The vertical piece of white wood is part of the hold down frame for the chines.  I just got the shear inside of it and so did not have to upset the chine position.  For the chines I'm going to add one more breasthook and attach the stem to the shears, stringers and chine before releasing the hold down frame.  This way, if it still moves at least I'll know I threw everything at it. The downside is that if it does work I'll know what is sufficient but not what is necessary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment