I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Yesterday Was A Weird Boat Day

I did put a significant amount of work in the boat yesterday but it was an odd day and unsatisfying. Functionally I got some needed things done; I cut the pieces for the aft part of the keel, and I continued fairing. I think it was weird because toward the end I lost my focus and starting doing things impulsively.  I think I'm getting frustrated with how long things are taking and I just need to recall the big picture, focus on my breathing, and basically chill out. I ended up over sanding a couple of spots, nothing that can't be fixed, just made more work for myself. Here are a couple of pics, first of bow starting to take its shape:


And then of the chine on the left where I'm just about done fairing.


I've also been distracted with some new and improved circular thinking on rigs.  I will post under Sailing once I have it well thought out and maybe some figures too.


No comments:

Post a Comment