I'm writing this blog as a journal of my build of a Duo-660 catamaran. Most of the content will be dedicated to this endeavor. I try to populate posts with pictures since it is instructive. The notes tab is for misfit posts. Always nice to have a place for the misfits.

-Esteban

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Drum-Roll Please

I didn't get to work on the boat yesterday. And I place the blame squarely on the Seattle Public School District. They seem to have a yearly meeting, the title of which must be "How can we be a PITA to the parents of Seattle" (read we like to take random days off throughout the year).  Alright I'll stop the rant there, although I would like to continue.

The sad part of it all is that it wasn't much work to trim the breasthook (Fein tool) and remove the hold down frame. So here are the pics. First one from the customary angle.


And then as much of a full boat view as I can muster.


The stem did move a tiny bit when I released the frame but it was so slight, and I overshot on the bend a bit to begin with so I think I'm in good shape.  Also I'm very close to being done with my epoxy coating task.  At this point the highest priority items will be getting myself to a hardware store to buy a belt sander and ordering more epoxy and epoxy supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment